What would make Wunderlist better?

Support multiple email addresses for Mail to Wunderlist

As a user, I would like to be able to register multiple email addresses with Wunderlist so I can send todos by emails from any of my accounts (especially useful given how iOS handles gmail and 3rd party email addresses).

2,751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  WunderlistAdminWunderlist (Admin, Wunderlist) responded  · 

Hi there,

We’ve started work on making this happen! Currently everything server side has been built and we’re currently fine-tuning the design that you’ll all get to see. The next step will be putting it through QA testing and once any bugs are fixed, we’ll roll it out.

After that, we’ll also be looking to extend the multiple email support for list sharing and signing in too.

Best,
    Simon

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great news. This feature will make Wunderlist my go-to app, which it almost (but not quite because of the email challenge) is right now! Thank you. Please keep us updated with timelines on this option.

• NeilQNeilQ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay for the announcement of work scheduled for multiple emails. Without that feature, I feel like I'm using Wunderlist with one hand tied behind my back (g).

• Kevin FrankKevin Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or set up a unique wunderlist email like Evernote does so i can send an email to my wanderlust email from any email account (not just the email associated with my wanderlust account)

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a paying pro user today. Add me to this list. I have a personal email and a work email, but prefer a single Wunderlist account to manage the different tasks. Also, work has two aliases that I frequently receive mail from. Adds lots of complexity I would imagine. I would recommend perhaps 3 max addresses for personal / free version, 5 for pro, unlimited for Business version, etc.??

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, and allow reminders to be send to separate email addresses by list

• KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update on when this might be available? I echo all the others! Those of us who manage multiple email accounts could really use a way to direct our email tasks from these accounts collectively to wunderlist. Crossing fingers this update is soon. Please give feedback if possible. THANKS.

• PauloPaulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote from me!
        This is essencial!
        Wunderlist should be able to cope with the professional and personal side (work + personal emails) of people if it wants to stand out from competition as a seemless tool that follows/supports real life....

Looking forward to your feedback.

I would like to directly convert an email into a task, say an apple email or outlook email, the emails in inbox can be chose to convert into a task, which can enable the email with its attachment to become a task in Wunderlist, this will save a lot of time to follow through, track chain of emails with connected subject to task and see through closure..

• JHNJHN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow - almost six months since it was supposedly coming.

• MartynMartyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have an ETA for this update? it's becoming a real pain only having one e-mail address I can forward from.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use one Wunderlist for both work and personal. I would like to be able to email to my Wunderlist from both email accounts. Currently you only allow me to email from the same account that is associated with my Wunderlist.

• Tim NunnTim Nunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!

And/or a service that allows the resultant to be designated to a specified list.

It just seems silly that this isn't here yet. It's such an obvious need. PLEASE get this implemented. Even if it's a Pro feature, THAT will be a thing that convinces me to pay.

• Tim SewellTim Sewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see how this can be that hard to implement. Or you can assign each pro user a Wunderlist box, so we can email to it, which is similar to Evernote.

• irajiraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature as most people have multiple email addresses. There should be a registry set up so the user can register the authorized email addresses.

Feedback and Knowledge Base