What would make Wunderlist better?

Support multiple email addresses for Mail to Wunderlist

As a user, I would like to be able to register multiple email addresses with Wunderlist so I can send todos by emails from any of my accounts (especially useful given how iOS handles gmail and 3rd party email addresses).

2,751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminWunderlist (Admin, Wunderlist) responded  · 

Hi there,

We’ve started work on making this happen! Currently everything server side has been built and we’re currently fine-tuning the design that you’ll all get to see. The next step will be putting it through QA testing and once any bugs are fixed, we’ll roll it out.

After that, we’ll also be looking to extend the multiple email support for list sharing and signing in too.

Best,
    Simon

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RosRae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be brilliant as I have an email address for personal use and one for professional use, both of which received e-mails that I have to action

• James Hutchinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly the kind of thing that would get me to upgrade to Pro. (I'm genuinely not sure I believe the WL guys read these but hey - just in case - I WOULD PAY!). Evernote have a dedicated email address per account - so you can email from anywhere. This would make a lot of sense for WL.

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would put Wunderlist over the top on fantastic apps. Not to mention save me a bunch of time and stress. Please move to the top of the development list!

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 Votes from me.
        I have two personal addresses I use and one work address for my own business. Wunderlist tasks are delegated to people I work with as well for personal tasks. These addresses - at least three for me - needs to be added as approved sender addresses.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will name my unborn child -wunderkid - if you add this feature by the first week of September 2014.

Guys... This is an easy add . What's the hold up? hell , I'll even write the code for it too. Give me a weekend a couple of red bulls and a bump of adderall

• KI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For various clients for whom we have multiple email addresses as a white label service, it would be useful if these accounts could run side by side on a single version of Wunderlist. Please take this scenario into account when developing this feature.

• Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage my personal and work related tasks with Wunderlist. The problem is: I sign with a gmail account on Wunderlist, but when I'm at work I can't login on gmail due to firewall restrictions. This keeps me from using mail to Wunderlist, because my work e-mail can't be included on this feature! For a lot of users it's a deal breaker. I'll keep using Wunderlist and hoping that this feature will be added soon, a lot of other apps already support it!

• William Stegall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not currently a Wunderlist user but the addition of this feature would make me and my company Wunderlist Pro users. I can't use Wunderlist (or any online todo manager) until this feature gets added (somewhere).

The why:
        I have a personal and work email address. People would likely send "shared" tasks or projects to either one of those addresses. I'd have to manage two Wunderlist accounts or reply to them and ask them to share with the correct account. Likewise, I would have to either manage two accounts or send work projects from my personal address or vice versa.

Email living in separate inboxes makes sense, but my tasks need to be all in one place.

• Sven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as i receive my emails that turn to tasks in Lotus Notes i also need a way to forward this to wunderlist. i don't think we need a support for multiple addresses, just give every user a unique mail-address, where i can send my mailstasks. This is a very simple solution that other services also offer (e.g. rtm, evernote...)

• Cavett Otis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Springpad had this, it would be great for Wunderlist to have this feature. I need for my assistant to add tasks to my lists simply by sending an email.

• Cavett Otis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature, I will not be signing up for Pro and will discontinue any further use of Wunderlist.

Springpad had this feature from the beginning...

• Caren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user and I appreciate the simplicity of the program, but without this feature I will be canceling my Pro account immediately.

• Voicu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, this request is under review for over 1 year, and you had several updates in this period.
        Should we give up on this feature or you can provide details regarding ETA
        Kind Regards

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for work and home. Either e-mail aliases within an account or a unique "mail-to@wunderlist" address per account would be fantastic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base