What would make Wunderlist better?

Support multiple email addresses for Mail to Wunderlist

As a user, I would like to be able to register multiple email addresses with Wunderlist so I can send todos by emails from any of my accounts (especially useful given how iOS handles gmail and 3rd party email addresses).

2,751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminWunderlist (Admin, Wunderlist) responded  · 

Hi there,

We’ve started work on making this happen! Currently everything server side has been built and we’re currently fine-tuning the design that you’ll all get to see. The next step will be putting it through QA testing and once any bugs are fixed, we’ll roll it out.

After that, we’ll also be looking to extend the multiple email support for list sharing and signing in too.

Best,
    Simon

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Troy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May 2012! Wow! The easy temporary solution is to create unique email addresses and let users use either. You keep everyone happy until you teacher your email parser to check two database fields instead of one.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder why Wunderlist has yet to add this feature that clearly so many would value? I am in agreement with those who put this feature very high on their list. It would significantly increase the value of Wnderlist for my needs (and, I already like the simplicity and utility of the program).

This would be a feature that would motivate me to pay for the Pro version. A nice add would be to support html email format, but I'd be happy enough just with text-formatted email to-dos from my multiple email addresses.

I use Wunderlist for home and work and would love to forward work e-mails and have them be placed in my Work list. I would absolutely buy Pro for this feature.

Glad to see Wunderlist is going to try this out, but it's been almost a year since they said that. Any news on it?

• Rafael Mayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This goes beyond a great idea into the essential features that are missing from Wunderlist. Tying down email forwarding from one account eviscerates the ability to use Wunderlist for work and personal emails. I have four email accounts that I use to keep things clean: personal, e-shopping, gaming, work. I don't want to have Wunderlists to try and keep switching back and forth from.

Not an easy one to work around.

• NeilQ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't read through all the comments on this thread to see if I'm repeating something someone else mentioned, so apologies if I am. But, I'm not able, but would love, to use the email 2 Wunderlist feature because of the requirements to send from a specific account. Evernote has a nice scheme in which they assign a specific email address to a user. You then send any email from any account to that address and it ends up in Evernote. You can even use hash tags to assign the email into the correct place within Evernote.

I'd love for there to be like a way to have multiple accounts, so i can be logged into my personal wunderlist account but also logged into my work wunderlist and be able to swap inbetween instead of log out and have to log in every time

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had the app sitting idle on my ipad for months, waiting on this feature. I'd definitely pay for this option! As for now, the absence of this feature is a deal breaker for me.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for me and is one of the few things holding me back from upgrading to a Pro account.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. This is the main missing feature that prevents me from start using Wunderlist personally and with my Team!

Feedback and Knowledge Base