What would make Wunderlist better?

Support multiple email addresses for Mail to Wunderlist

As a user, I would like to be able to register multiple email addresses with Wunderlist so I can send todos by emails from any of my accounts (especially useful given how iOS handles gmail and 3rd party email addresses).

2,751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  WunderlistAdminWunderlist (Admin, Wunderlist) responded  · 

Hi there,

We’ve started work on making this happen! Currently everything server side has been built and we’re currently fine-tuning the design that you’ll all get to see. The next step will be putting it through QA testing and once any bugs are fixed, we’ll roll it out.

After that, we’ll also be looking to extend the multiple email support for list sharing and signing in too.

Best,
    Simon

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bobby ManuelBobby Manuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

our company is currently evaluating wunderlist pro - and this is the one feature that's preventing us from rolling it out to everyone.

• Bobby ManuelBobby Manuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are many differently worded feature requests that ask for this feature - can you please consolidate these into one so that the votes add up? Thanks!

• AnttiAntti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd pay for this too. Why don't you add this as a pro feature as soon as possible?

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems this would fall inline with the Wunderlist ideology of having 1 platform that could truly be used in both a work and personal context. I think this would be a big plus as well. Teams could also then forward items to 1 common list to be broken down and assigned.

• Simon KeySimon Key commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. It will save me having to forward e-mails from my work e-mail address to the one registered with Wunderlist.

Personally I don't mind the idea of a random e-mail tied to my Wunderlist account. I just add that to my contacts list as per Evernote and Toodledo. That way I don't have to remember it.

Fabulous product!

• Stefan BrackeStefan Bracke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really be appreciated, just the possibility to send in a new task from my home email address, as from my work email address.
        I'm used this functionality on Astrid every day.
        I would say to the developers, have a look at Astrid, or Pocket, how to implement this in a easy way.

• Thomas LundströmThomas Lundström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have another use-case for multiple email addresses. As you may know, Gmail supports using a '+' and an identifier in the email address, which I use when I sign up for an account somewhere, i.e. my.email.address+wunderlist@gmail.com. This way, I can filter all messages to that address (and, incidentally, I know which service provider has sold my email address if I start receiving spam).

However, when I register with my ...+wunderlist email address, I can no longer send an email to add messages, since the from-address still is my.email.address@gmail.com.

• David WieseDavid Wiese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started forwarding work emails to myself a couple of days ago and was discouraged at the "Have we meet before?" responses and discovering that I have no recourse.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. I just had this happen to me today. I tried to forward an email from 2 of my email addresses to Wunderlist, and got the "Something went wrong" email response back from Wunderlist. I realize that I used my main work email address to sign up for Wunderlist, an email that I don't always use on my devices (and often I am forwarding emails from different accounts). Having multiple email accounts setup in Wunderlist is the only way we can use this feature. Thank you!

• TAMÁS CONSTANTIN TAMÁS CONSTANTIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was first requested in 2011... Good to know you will see whether you can add or not. This might be a huge technical problem...
        Mailbox does not support special characters (. or _) in email addresses which makes it more difficult to forward email tasks to Wunderlist.
        At list in pro version you should fix this urgently.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this. I believe you should add a way to support more than one email or at least provide a unique email for each user. This was a key feature in Producteev which I really liked.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. There are some duplicate requests for this, so the number of votes for this is actually higher.

• Alan JonesAlan Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wonderful idea supporting multiple emails. Would get around the Gmail issue and allow use from work and home machines., Alan

• KrKrKrKr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joe's suggestionis probably best. Create a unique user name and use that as an emailaddress (like Evernote and others).

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wouldn't the better way be to assign each user a unique email address, the way Evernote does? This way you could send to your list from any email address as long as had your unique Wunderlist email.

Feedback and Knowledge Base