What would make Wunderlist better?

Support multiple email addresses for Mail to Wunderlist

As a user, I would like to be able to register multiple email addresses with Wunderlist so I can send todos by emails from any of my accounts (especially useful given how iOS handles gmail and 3rd party email addresses).

2,751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminWunderlist (Admin, Wunderlist) responded  · 

Hi there,

We’ve started work on making this happen! Currently everything server side has been built and we’re currently fine-tuning the design that you’ll all get to see. The next step will be putting it through QA testing and once any bugs are fixed, we’ll roll it out.

After that, we’ll also be looking to extend the multiple email support for list sharing and signing in too.

Best,
    Simon

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make a huge difference. One Wunderlist account for private tasks and business tasks with email forwarding!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please!!! I agree that the 1234567@whatever.com addresses are pesky and difficult to remember, and I much prefer having only one address to remember (me@wunderlist.com), with the option of including a business email address as well as my personal address (I've used this feature in other task apps and really found it helpful - but the other apps aren't as nice as Wunderlist!).

This would be SOOOOO helpful, as at the moment, I have to send emails from my work email address to my personal email address and then forward them again to Wunderlist.

• Pat Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure how to give this a thumbs up, but I agree completely. If we can register multiple email addresses in our account settings that would be great.

Thank you very much.

• Mike Pluke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this will be an essential upgrade. It's a feature that competing (but less attractive) products offer.

• Richard Merry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, to be able to add a few emails into your account setting would be a great idea. I guess you would have one primary email address for login etc and then maybe 3 or 4 that you can send from to to your to do list

• Aydin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, great idea! There is another post that describes the same idea (search for "two separate accounts"). So I suggest you put your votes there!

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And then other people can share lists with you and not need to know which email address you use with your Wunderlist account

A

Yes, definitely! I'm forced to use Outlook with a work E-Mail address at work. Also my company has very strict security policies, so I am not allowed to install any third party apps on my PC. The Email2Task feature would be a great to put my ideas to my wunderlist if it supports more than one E-Mail address.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, it would be great to have at least two mailboxes assigned to the account (work + personal). It would allow, for example, to send notifications about tasks in your Work list to the e-mail # 1 (corporate mailbox) and all the other to e-mail # 2 (personal mailbox).

P.S. Thanks for Wunderlist!

• Adam Kaplan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 for me (one for each e-mail address I use). Creating tasks from an e-mail is an excellent feature, one which would be even more powerful if multiple e-mail addresses could be associated with each account.

• Mat M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, indeed. Ability to add more sender addresses (specific to email2task) will be great.

As a plus, if we may match a sender address to a dedicated list, it would be perfect :)

Thanks for the great app with many interfaces !

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base