Wunderlist Feature Requests

Thanks for taking the time to add your suggestions and upvotes here over the years! Your feedback was certainly instrumental in getting Wunderlist where it is today, so again thank you. Without you and your feedback we wouldn’t have been able to launch the next evolution of Wunderlist, Microsoft To-Do.

We’d love for our Wunderlist users to give To-Do a try and let us know what you think on To-Do’s UserVoice. As the Wunderlist team has shifted focus to our new app To-Do, we will no longer be updating Wunderlist, which will eventually be retired.

We want to be sure that To-Do is the best option first, though. So please let us know which features you’d like to see here: https://todo.uservoice.com/

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Up and Down buttons next to reminder time

To set a reminder time using the web app I have to use the mouse to click on reminder and then they keyboard to type in the time. It would be nice to have an up/down button so that I can set the time (in hour jumps) without having to switch to the keyboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make folders within your list

For example, if you are making a list for travel, you make have a subfolder for clothing, makeup, reading materials, etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add repetitive reminder, like Due, so the reminder calls like every 5min until we finish the job

Due is great but the UI and sync sucks, only if WL can add the repetitive reminder it will be perfect

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable multiple users to complete a task

It would be really amazing if my whole class could collaborate to create a list of all of the assignments and readings for our classes, but then each of us maintain the ability to mark of a task as individually completed.

The problem I've run into is that I shared my list with a few classmates to do this, and only then realized that when they ticked of an assignment they had completed, it became completed on my list too, even though I hadn't done it yet (and vice versa).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ABC SortierOption

Es wäre prima wenn man die Liste der erledigten Einträge nach dem ABC sortieren könnte
    Gruß Moni

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Focus on a single task -> pin on screen

To perfectly focus on a single current task, it would be cool to have a feature that allows to:
    1) select task to focus on - all other tasks are hidden
    2) pin the task as big as possible in background of the screen, so whenever i switch windows, I'm reminded
    3) maybe even set it as screensaver
    4) find something to put it on the lock screen of my phone

Why?
    If I have to do something, I do not like, my brain takes every chance to get distracted...
    ... something that takes me back to my work is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Connect to Outlook to do/tasks

Make it able to connect to Outlook tasks pretty please?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give users the option to not automatically hide completed tasks

I don't like that Wunderlist automatically hides my completed tasks, because sometimes I don't want that to happen. For instance, when I'm using Wunderlist to create a list of things I need to pack for a trip, I need to be able to quickly look at the list and know what I've already packed. However, when I check off stuff as I pack it, that hides the items from the lists and prevents me from being able to see it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quick sorting

It takes too long to sort my items.. If I press and hold I should be able to drag them around.. I am constantly rearranging my tasks.. So I have to hold a task and wait until it goes into a 'sort' mode.. Then have to exit this mode.. It's quite frustrating and superfluous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show Subtask Count In Main View

Tasks can be seen listed in the main List view, however there is no way to know if a task contains any incomplete sub-tasks without expanding each task in turn. Given that there's so much spare screen real-estate in that main view, it would be good to show counts of # subtasks, # incomplete subtasks that are within each task - i.e. just an extra bit of text on each line next to the "Pin" and "Star" icons on the right-hand side.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Group Items within a List

I really like the 'Folders' in the sidebar to group Lists together. I also use the sub-tasks within an item.

However, I often have a couple of items in a list that are related to each other, but are not sub-tasks. Could it be possible to group these related tasks / items?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 'Waiting on somebody' option

I'd like a 'waiting on somebody else' option which keeps the task in the list, flags it as 'waiting' and moves it down to the bottom of the list.

This is because often I can't work on a task until a 3rd party has finished their part. But I don't want to remove it completely because I don't want to forget the task completely.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide tasks for a certain list in today view

Many people use Wunderlist for both, work tasks and at home tasks. A helpful feature would allow the user to hide any list(s) from the today view to avoid the clutter. For example: You would have for your work lists: Marketing (with 2 tasks), Sales (with 6 tasks), Project (with 4 tasks), Honey Do (with 9 tasks), Car (with 2 tasks). Each of these tasks would be do "Today" but to avoid the clutter you could hide the "Honey Do" and "Car" tasks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification centre button

Would be great to have either:

1. Support for the 'Launcher' app to allow them to add a button which launches straight into a user specified list or
    2. A Wunderlist notification centre widget that allows the user to define which list they would like to launch directly into.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. タスクの延期機能が欲しいです

タスクの延期もしくは延長機能が欲しいです

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a way for the "Today" view to not be broken into sections for each list

When I view the "Today" items, I cannot organize the list there in the order I want to perform the tasks because the entire list is broken into sections showing which list each item is in. If they could be color-coded or something to maintain the list identity that would be fine, but even more than seeing which list each item is in, I want to be able to rearrange the "Today" view to show the order that I plan on performing the tasks there. And even within the sections for each list the items cannot be rearranged -- I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. boxes of different colors

We need boxes of different colors, at least 2-3 , and not just red . for example, the boxes for the morning problems red for evening green , yellow for daytime .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recurring category

Like, Inbox, Starred, Week, can you create a Recurring Items category? Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Wunderlist Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base