Wunderlist Feature Requests

Thanks for taking the time to add your suggestions and upvotes here over the years! Your feedback was certainly instrumental in getting Wunderlist where it is today, so again thank you. Without you and your feedback we wouldn’t have been able to launch the next evolution of Wunderlist, Microsoft To-Do.

We’d love for our Wunderlist users to give To-Do a try and let us know what you think on To-Do’s UserVoice. As the Wunderlist team has shifted focus to our new app To-Do, we will no longer be updating Wunderlist, which will eventually be retired.

We want to be sure that To-Do is the best option first, though. So please let us know which features you’d like to see here: https://todo.uservoice.com/

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Show Subtask Count In Main View

Tasks can be seen listed in the main List view, however there is no way to know if a task contains any incomplete sub-tasks without expanding each task in turn. Given that there's so much spare screen real-estate in that main view, it would be good to show counts of # subtasks, # incomplete subtasks that are within each task - i.e. just an extra bit of text on each line next to the "Pin" and "Star" icons on the right-hand side.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Items within a List

I really like the 'Folders' in the sidebar to group Lists together. I also use the sub-tasks within an item.

However, I often have a couple of items in a list that are related to each other, but are not sub-tasks. Could it be possible to group these related tasks / items?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'Waiting on somebody' option

I'd like a 'waiting on somebody else' option which keeps the task in the list, flags it as 'waiting' and moves it down to the bottom of the list.

This is because often I can't work on a task until a 3rd party has finished their part. But I don't want to remove it completely because I don't want to forget the task completely.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide tasks for a certain list in today view

Many people use Wunderlist for both, work tasks and at home tasks. A helpful feature would allow the user to hide any list(s) from the today view to avoid the clutter. For example: You would have for your work lists: Marketing (with 2 tasks), Sales (with 6 tasks), Project (with 4 tasks), Honey Do (with 9 tasks), Car (with 2 tasks). Each of these tasks would be do "Today" but to avoid the clutter you could hide the "Honey Do" and "Car" tasks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notification centre button

Would be great to have either:

1. Support for the 'Launcher' app to allow them to add a button which launches straight into a user specified list or
    2. A Wunderlist notification centre widget that allows the user to define which list they would like to launch directly into.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. タスクの延期機能が欲しいです

タスクの延期もしくは延長機能が欲しいです

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make a way for the "Today" view to not be broken into sections for each list

When I view the "Today" items, I cannot organize the list there in the order I want to perform the tasks because the entire list is broken into sections showing which list each item is in. If they could be color-coded or something to maintain the list identity that would be fine, but even more than seeing which list each item is in, I want to be able to rearrange the "Today" view to show the order that I plan on performing the tasks there. And even within the sections for each list the items cannot be rearranged -- I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Recurring category

Like, Inbox, Starred, Week, can you create a Recurring Items category? Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. advanced mail forward settings

Extend the functionality of mail forwarding tasks. More precisely about to which folder the task is be assigned. Eg by parsing the header for specific text '@work' , '@home', .. or other ways (customised destination address home.me@wunderlist.com, work.me@wunderlist.com, ...)

it avoid having to sort through inboxes two times (mail inbox + wunderlist inbox)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. View list when open app

I want to be able to go straight to my starred list when I open the app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to be able manually change the order of to-dos in my Today´s tasks.

I want to be able manually change the order of to-dos in my Today´s tasks. And order by time. I start my day and I cant organize it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Important notes in iPhone's "Today"

It would be nice if it was possible to see the notes chosen as important in the "Today" menu in iOS, so it wouldn't be necessary to put a limit date to them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sorting To Do items vs sorting subtaks

I would love a way to have all my new To Dos show up with the most recent on top, but when I create subtasks have them show up on the bottom? I use subtasks as a way to list the order in which things need to be done but like my regular to dos listed with the newest at the top.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Anmeldung mit Microsoft-Konto unter Win7

Anmeldung mit Microsoft-Konto auf win7-PC ermöglichen. Wenn man Wunderlist als erstes auf einem Win8.1-PC oder WindowsPhone 8.1 eingerichtet hat, wird automatisch das Microsoft-Konto verwendet. Unter Win7 kann man sich dann nicht mit diesen Daten einloggen und demzufolge die bestehenden Listen nicht sehen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Random reminders

If you are like me you probably get used to reminders that seem too rigid and scheduled. You become desensitized and unresponsive to the stimulus if it's commonplace. A simple solution is to have the app remind you at a "random time" - great for recurring tasks and reminders. In this way you choose a time frame and amount of times to be reminded.

Add a confirmation option (Yes/No: I am on task, or finished with my daily chore) and we will be set onto a great way of changing behaviors and more productivity.

An iOS app called Guroo uses…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great to have the option to move comments and attachments around. Changing the order of how they are stored would be nice.

It would be great to have the option to move comments and attachments around inside an item, like a task for instance. Changing the order of how they are stored would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Repeating events

Please add the ability to repeat an event every working day: Monday to Friday. As consequences of such occurrence would appear every day during the week, but not on Saturdays and Sundays.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search for public lists

Please provide a place to search in the entire public lists catalog.
    This is an awesome feature that should get some love !!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Check Box for TODAY List

A simple check box to add a task to a 'My Today List', without the need to date items, for current day (Today). Check the box its in the list, uncheck it and its not.
    The current Today works fine to confirm items that were scheduled, but it more of a suggestion list for me as days constantly change. Emergencies come up and require rescheduling etc.
    I find myself having a growing list for today if I don't reschedule all these items.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Wunderlist Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base