Wunderlist Feature Requests

Thanks for taking the time to add your suggestions and upvotes here over the years! Your feedback was certainly instrumental in getting Wunderlist where it is today, so again thank you. Without you and your feedback we wouldn’t have been able to launch the next evolution of Wunderlist, Microsoft To-Do.

We’d love for our Wunderlist users to give To-Do a try and let us know what you think on To-Do’s UserVoice. As the Wunderlist team has shifted focus to our new app To-Do, we will no longer be updating Wunderlist, which will eventually be retired.

We want to be sure that To-Do is the best option first, though. So please let us know which features you’d like to see here: https://todo.uservoice.com/

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Kidding me?

Deadline and notify time have to be the same day on Android version?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I´ll like to see improved the task background color. Instead of plain white I´ll like to change it grdualy to transparent.

change the task color to different kind of transparency.
    With this improvement you can not only can see the beautiful background but also take care of your eyes (white color hurt my eyes)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. On repeated tasks, don't show the next month's task right after completing this month's tasks

It always bothers me when I just completed a monthly task, it always reappear right after I checked the task. I cannot feel the satisfying feeling of clearing a list of monthly tasks, which is one of the reasons I make the list.

There should be an option when the task will be reappearing again in the next month, not just when it's due.

For example, I have to pay my internet bill between 6th to 20th every month. So the tasks should appear in 6th every month until I complete it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scheduled Task Dates

Choose a date you want to do a task (this is SEPARATE from a due date). Task pops up on date you chose. For instance, on October 10 I want to confirm hotel arrangements for a trip. On October 10 I would see that task. Before then, I could reference a "scheduled" folder if I'd like, but it wouldn't be a daily view. Please add this. It's keeping me from breaking up with Things.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drag line items from folder to folder

Drag Line Items from folder to folder

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a view option where completed and pending task remain together.

Add a view option where completed and pending to-dos remain together:
    Currently Completed to-dos are separate and appear below pending to-dos. There are times when having the ability to see completed and pending to-dos in a continuous list would cut down on clicking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Inserting links to Wunderlist tasks

Have you ever wished you could create a task like this?
    - Restore Sept 5th data now that bug is fixed (task 2F3d42z)
    - Create quote for customer X see example for customer Y (task 6G147Dg)
    - Main course: mushroom risotto (task 6Cv7548v)
    Ideally the link would be short and easily recognizable as a link to another task.
    Links could be inserted in lists, tasks, subtasks, notes, comments and external documents.
    The unique ID of each task should be displayed somewhere.
    Another feature could be: link to a list

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Appearance of a recurring todo

The next occasion of a recurring todo doesn't need to be on my list until the next time/date for that todo! Example of the way (I think) it works now... Reminder to clean pool weekly on Saturday at 9am, when I've completed the cleaning of July 11th, the reminder for July 18th immediately appears on my list when I don't need it to be visible until the 18th!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. List items editing

If you select an item from a list, then immediately try to highlight text the keyboard does not come up to edit the highlited text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Leave Uncompleted Subtasks Unchecked

Currently, when a Task gets checked off as completed this causes all the subtasks associated with it to get crossed off too. I'd love to see it so that any subtasks that weren't directly checked off as completed remain unchecked even when the main Task gets checked off as completed. I like to be able to look back at projects and see what smaller details might have been passed over and not dealt with it at the time. Currently, even restoring the main Task (i.e. unchecking it) doesn't return the subtasks to their original setting. Thanks.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Complete task by email link or reply

As someone who is more consistently using my email inbox than working in the Wunderlist app, I love the email reminders. But, out of my laziness, I am annoyed by the number of steps it requires to actually mark the task as completed from the email reminder.

Right now if I click View List from the email, it takes me to list in my browser that I can't complete tasks on. Then I have to click "Open in Wunderlist". Not sure why it can't automatically open the desktop or web app automatically and skip the in between step, but I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. repeat reminders between set dates.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but it would be great for students who use wunderlist to study for upcoming exams or work on projects, to be able to set recurring tasks that end on a specific date so it doesn't clutter up the calendar when viewing future deadlines.

i sync wunderlist with sunrise calendar. sunrise reflects everything exactly as it is in wunderlist, which is how it should be, but it would be nice to have more control over wunderlist as far as setting deadlines are concerned. thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. multiple selection of tasks

It would be great to be able to select multiple tast in order to :
    - assign them to the same person, not having to open each one of them to do the same thing.
    - define a due date or other same details for the selected tasks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. One click option to 'create a detailed task'

current philosophy is focused on quickly adding a simple task item (with due date and favorite also available at this time). if i want to create a detailed task with subtasks, details, etc. i must create the task, then find the task in the list, open it and then add the details. i'd like a button to 'create a detailed task' for a new task so i can enter all the information - title, due date, sub-tasks, details, etc. all at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Views based on locations

Views based on location would automatically open a view based on a location.

1. Go to work and opening wunderlist to automatically shows a work view with lists for work.

2. Go to the grocery store and open the app to see lists for the grocery store

3. etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)