Wunderlist Feature Requests

Thanks for taking the time to add your suggestions and upvotes here over the years! Your feedback was certainly instrumental in getting Wunderlist where it is today, so again thank you. Without you and your feedback we wouldn’t have been able to launch the next evolution of Wunderlist, Microsoft To-Do.

We’d love for our Wunderlist users to give To-Do a try and let us know what you think on To-Do’s UserVoice. As the Wunderlist team has shifted focus to our new app To-Do, we will no longer be updating Wunderlist, which will eventually be retired.

We want to be sure that To-Do is the best option first, though. So please let us know which features you’d like to see here: https://todo.uservoice.com/

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. I would like to have a progress bar for each task that i could slide across to give a rough idea of progress towards completion.

Rather than tasks being still to do or completed a drag across progress bar would give a quick visual representation of tasks and projects which were half done, only need a bit more for completion or are still in early stages.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back landscape view for iPhone

This used to be in the old version and the biggest reason I chose this app over the others.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide completed subtasks!

I love the subtasks but hate that there is just a line through it instead of it being hidden or even moved automatically to the bottom of the lists.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import a taks list from Excel or CSV

Hi, I have a task list previously created in Excel and it would be nice to import it into your software.

Thanks. Cheers,

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reload list items (good for grocery lists, pack lists, etc.)

It would be great to mark a list as a reloadable list, or a repeat list, or something like that. For my grocery list I buy a lot of the same items each time (of course) and if the field could do a type-ahead as I'm entering new items, checking ones I've gotten before (milk, eggs, etc.) it would be easy to pick those up as new items in the list instead of having to search through completed and un-complete them.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to keep checked items visible

I think there should be an option to keep checked items visible in their respective lists, as well as today/week view, etc.

What's the point of a checklist if it can't contain checked items? The way it is now, the checkboxes might as well be buttons to hide completed items. Many of us would like to see a checklist with some items checked off and some items unchecked to get a view of how much of our tasks we've completed so far.

If you make this optional, then I'm sure everyone will be satisfied.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Edit Multiple Tasks (Due Date)

Select multiple tasks and edit the Due Date for all of them to the same day. This would be done for the overly ambitious or the people who get delayed and just have to move the tasks to a different day.

This was mentioned in an earlier feature request (here: http://wunderlist.uservoice.com/forums/136230-wunderlist-2-feature-requests/suggestions/2634783-multiple-task-select) and marked COMPLETED.

However, in the comments to that task and the help advice here: (http://wunderlist.uservoice.com/forums/136230-wunderlist-2-feature-requests/suggestions/2634783-multiple-task-select) it has not been addressed.

I recently moved to using Wunderlist from a competitor, and this is the one feature that I miss the most.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Synchronize Tasks with Office 365

Wunderlist app for Office 365 to allow Lists and Outlook & SharePoint Tasks to synchronize!

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Propositions en Français / Could make and talk about suggestions in French

Pourvoir discuter avec des collaborateurs Wunderlist maîtrisant le français.

/ Be able to dicuss about suggestions in french with wunderlist employee.

Frenchies loveswunderlist but sometime... don't speak english

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement Month Lists Like The Week List

In order to plan not only the upcoming week, but also the upcoming months, month lists should be provided. They could also be configurable in the settings under the sidebar tab. It should be possible to show lists for the next 12 months (including the current one).

This should not be too hard to implement and would be a USP!

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search through completed task.

After task are completed they are still useful to me. However, finding what I need is a problem because the search feature only searches active task. I'm searching for specific unique strings such as PO numbers like "2BX1772301"

I'm using wunderlist as a personal production tracking system and it's working great.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. App for Samsung Gear 2

To improve to the Wunderlist App, which is able to support the Samsung Gear 2. Then you can create, edit and manage your Notes right from your wrist!

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Needed | Google Drive, Dropbox and Box.com Sync

Absolutely important to be able to sync with Google Drive, Dropbox and Box.com for 2 reasons:
    1. Lots of users will love it - easier to attach files without moving them
    2. Wunderlist won't have to worry so much about servers overloading

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Preserve Manual Sort Order

Some lists must be ordered manually, based on the order in which tasks must take place. A great deal of thought is often put into manual ordering.

We need a way to preserve Manual Ordering as a type of Sort Order. The default Sort Order of a new list should be Manual Sort. As manual changes are made to the order of tasks, that manual order should be preserved behind the scenes. If I change the sort order to Alphabetic or Due Date, I should be able to revert back to Manual Sort and all Tasks should revert to the…

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the notification sound

The wunder list user can turn on or off the notification sound right? Ok , but i forgeted 3 tasks i needed to do because I DIDN'T LISTENED THE NOTIFICATION, the team can add the feature: "Chose your notification sound"?

Please this will be more easy to remember your task

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Onedrive Integration

I have a feeling this one is coming soon?? I'm an Office 365 subscriber and all my files are on onedrive - would be great if I could associate tasks with files on Onedrive.
    While you're at it, throw in SharePoint too!

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to "skip" a recurring task

So I've got a recurring task for everyday to "write in my journal". But I forget one day and want to mark yesterday's task as skipped (i.e. not actually completed) so that the task resets to the next occurrence. Hope that makes sense...

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sort

I agree with existing comments below to sort completed tasks alphabetically. I would add that you should be able to sort existing tasks and completed tasks separately. I have a number of list, including shopping lists, that are quite long. When an item is placed in my cart it goes to the completed section. It would be far more efficient if I could sort the completed items. When I go to the completed items (which can be quite long a list) to rebuild the shopping list for the next time I could find the items I'm looking for much faster.…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Be able to print task lists with or without notes

It would be nice to be able to print the task list with or without the notes, or alternatively be able to print the task list with notes and email the task list with just task titles.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Statistics

While Wunderlist is a great task app (the best IMO, since I use only it), it would be much more useful in improving my productivity if I could see certain statistics:
    * Histogram showing distribution of how long tasks take for me to complete (time marked finished - time task was added)
    * Average time to complete task and how it changes over time (maybe ~1 month moving average)
    * % of Tasks completed on time (of those tasks marked with due date, checked complete on or before that date) per week/month (not sure which would provide best resolution.
    *%…

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wunderlist Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base