F2 and/or "Slow DoubleClick" to rename a task, in list view
Im missing the option to easy rename a task, instead of opening the task and then rename it, it would be simpler and more intuitive to rename the task by pressing F2 or a "Slow DoubleClick".
It should be either with F2 or single click or double click. Current shortcut Enter is not intuitive enough.
Any WINDOWS app or SW, has F2 option for editing the task. Why NOT in WUNDERLIST.
Axel Coon commented
This feature would be very useful for me!
Also for that matter, editing anything about a task in the web app
For example if I want to remove or edit the task note:
- Double click task
- Click on note, because this is faster than keyboard navigation
- Edit or empty note
- Have to click outside the sidebar to save/close it, because Esc wil revert the changes
The sidebar also doesn't always close when clicking left of it, sometimes I have to click further to the left or just click more...
Try this (in the web app):
1. Single click to select the task.
2. Press the "Enter" key. The edit/focus pane will open, and the task name/title will be highlighted.
3. If you want to REPLACE everything, just start typing.
4. If you want to ADD to the end of the task name/title, press your right arrow key IMMEDIATELY after the edit/focus pane opens. That will move the cursor to the end of the task text/title. Type away.
Hat tip to Meho in the WL support forums for this trick!
A single click would be fastest and most intuitive (just like Unity does it).
• If you click and release on the task name, it renames it
• If you click and release anywhere else on the task block, it selects it
• If you click and hold on a task block, it selects it for moving (ghost it)
Karoline Kolder commented
I would also like this, it is to difficult to rename a task :-)
Sut min stift - det er et fedt forslag!