What would make Wunderlist better?

Visible Subtasks

I'm new to Wunderlist so please tell me if I've somehow missed a setting for this.. It would be great to have the subtasks visible under each todo in the list. But with an expand/collapse + symbol against each todo so you can hide/display its subtasks. I find it unclear if a todo has subtasks when they are tucked away in the properties pane.

960 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SimonSimon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along the same lines, I would love it subtasks would show up under main "To Do" text to show what item you have next. For example, you could create a "To Do" item called "Clean Room" With subtasks of "organize desk, clean sheets, make bed, vacuum etc". When you first start the main text would read "Clean Room - organize desk...(0 of 4 tasks completed)". Once you mark off the subtask "organize desk" the text would change to "Clean Room - clean sheet...(1 of 4 tasks completed)".

You could drag and move subtask to the order you want them to be completed and would have a visible way to see the next subtask needed to be done as well as how close you were to completing the whole task.

• Michael KapnerMichael Kapner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's all in the details and Wunderlist (while extremely nice in many ways) seems to miss out on a lot of details like this that would make the app infinitely more functional and productive. Not only should we be able to access sub tasks with a drop down, but there should be some type of symbol indicating the task even has sub tasks in the first place. Why should we have to guess or do something as unproductive as opening tasks just to see. This is a productivity app, so why force unproductive habits in the workflow?

Subtasks aldo need the ability to have their own dates set to give the ability to turn the parent task into a project rather than just a checklist.

I really don't get minimal design sometimes. This is Apple's problem, where they go so minimal that they fail miserably in way of function. There are ways to make things functional while maintaining beauty and simplicity.

• Ryan DRyan D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like something like what Paul C said, but what would be even better is the subtasks showing up under that Task like they do in ToDoist. Put in 3 votes :)

• Paul CPaul C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the right of the task line are the symbols indicating whether the task repeats and whether it has notes.
        One of the symbols needs to indicate the presence of SUB-TASKS.

Also the symbols are TOO VAGUE, TOO SMALL, TOO UNINTUITIVE. Make them bigger, more obvious, and in BOLD, NOT FEINT.

• Della J.Della J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is Wunderlist even responding to these feature requests anymore? I have seen this request written many ways in a few forums, and NO new feature. Todoist may get my subscription...but I would prefer Wunderlist. I have got to be able to see tasks without clicking on them... #wunderlist @wunderlist

• Vijay RohomVijay Rohom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently moved to TODOist because it supports this feature. But their free version does not support reminders. I think if wunderlist adds this feature it will make it complete.

• Catharine ZivkovicCatharine Zivkovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked that Wunderlist doesn't offer this feature. I am also new to this app, and this may well be a deal breaker for me. How could this app possibly get such good reviews without this essential feature? There is a good chance I won't stick around long enough to see if they fix this.

Why does no one from the dev team gives us attention?? I dont like the lack of caring from this company.

• Armin HeinleinArmin Heinlein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you can see all not completed ( or completed) subtasks on the left side as a list. Kind of what OmniFocus offers on the Mac OS.

• monnibomonnibo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My boyfriend and I both use Wunderlist and completely agree. We both have free accounts and don’t need more than 25 subtasks, so that’s fine.

When you click on a task that has subtasks (particularly on mobile) it opens up the task into the window. It would be nice if when we tapped the Pin icon (that denotes a task has sub items) it would expand within the main list.

• Dave BahrDave Bahr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and as someone who is blind, my screen reader doesn't tell me if a task has subtasks, it is silent even when I tab over to the subtask field in the properties of the task itself. The only way I know is by toggling what's called Browse Mode on when I'm there (it's a way to interact with a webpage using keyboard navigation).

Collapsable lists of subtasks are essential and I am really surprised that this feature is not possible yet.

Equally several levels of hierarchy with folders and subfolders should be possible

Feedback and Knowledge Base