What would make Wunderlist better?

Visible Subtasks

I'm new to Wunderlist so please tell me if I've somehow missed a setting for this.. It would be great to have the subtasks visible under each todo in the list. But with an expand/collapse + symbol against each todo so you can hide/display its subtasks. I find it unclear if a todo has subtasks when they are tucked away in the properties pane.

672 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SimonSimon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Catharine ZivkovicCatharine Zivkovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked that Wunderlist doesn't offer this feature. I am also new to this app, and this may well be a deal breaker for me. How could this app possibly get such good reviews without this essential feature? There is a good chance I won't stick around long enough to see if they fix this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does no one from the dev team gives us attention?? I dont like the lack of caring from this company.

• Armin HeinleinArmin Heinlein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you can see all not completed ( or completed) subtasks on the left side as a list. Kind of what OmniFocus offers on the Mac OS.

• monnibomonnibo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My boyfriend and I both use Wunderlist and completely agree. We both have free accounts and don’t need more than 25 subtasks, so that’s fine.

When you click on a task that has subtasks (particularly on mobile) it opens up the task into the window. It would be nice if when we tapped the Pin icon (that denotes a task has sub items) it would expand within the main list.

• Dave BahrDave Bahr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and as someone who is blind, my screen reader doesn't tell me if a task has subtasks, it is silent even when I tab over to the subtask field in the properties of the task itself. The only way I know is by toggling what's called Browse Mode on when I'm there (it's a way to interact with a webpage using keyboard navigation).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Collapsable lists of subtasks are essential and I am really surprised that this feature is not possible yet.

Equally several levels of hierarchy with folders and subfolders should be possible

Feedback and Knowledge Base