What would make Wunderlist better?

Sort

I agree with existing comments below to sort completed tasks alphabetically. I would add that you should be able to sort existing tasks and completed tasks separately. I have a number of list, including shopping lists, that are quite long. When an item is placed in my cart it goes to the completed section. It would be far more efficient if I could sort the completed items. When I go to the completed items (which can be quite long a list) to rebuild the shopping list for the next time I could find the items I'm looking for much faster. When I can't easily find them I give up to save (not really) time by just adding a new to do which just creates duplicates and makes it harder to find the items in the completed task list so they can be restored. Separately sorting the completed tasks from the to dos is important for me since I arrange them in the layout of the store to speed up shopping and avoiding going up and back across the store.

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorting tasks by "recently completed" would help me so much in stand ups and weekly review meetings!

Right now, with many lists, this simply doesn't work

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorting 'done' tasks alphabetically is pretty much the only additional feature I need, for all the same reasons as set out above. I could do this on the oh-so-simple app Listmaker, but not since I moved to Wunderlist. In fact, the inability to sort done tasks alphabetically has me on the hunt for a new app. Any suggestions??
        I would have thought this is an easy feature to add, given that you can sort uncompleted tasks.

• Michael CMichael C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need the ability to sort completed tasks separately from non completed. Good suggestion.

• Paul WalkerPaul Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that we need to be able to apply the same sort to completed items as incomplete items. I think there should be an option when choosing the sort criteria as to whether completed items are merged together with incomplete ones or kept as a separate list - there are use cases for both so I think it should be easy to switch

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly my comment. I, too, would love to be able to sort completed to do lists so that I can reuse them without having to read each item. it would be so easy to find one if they were alphabetically sorted.

Feedback and Knowledge Base