What would make Wunderlist better?

More priority levels

Instead of just a star indicating priority and then filtering it into a list, set up more than one priority level. I need to have priority tasks but also need them sorted by high, medium, low, and none. not everything is the same priority. I find myself having to rearrange the tasks on the list all the time.

4,763 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chaun B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

224 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is too an issue for me. Would rather not have to manage multiple lists in order to effect some sort of priority.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this can be solved in a few ways. The Things app features tags that can be organized easily. So, a user can select a number of items and easily add/remove tags to them. This allows for different priority levels. It is also more flexible than simple priority levels, because a different user might want to have a different set of levels, e.g., not 1,2,3 or but NOW, LATER, MUCH LATER.

Another way that this can be solved is by having more global lists like "Starred". For example, a feature could allow for a user to create global lists. Then a user could perhaps select items on a list that they want on the global list. They wouldn't be removed from their respective normal lists. For example. I could make a global list called PRIO1 and then select items and mark them for being placed on PRIO1. Then PRIO1 would at least be a list of items in their respective normal lists, similar to what "Starred" is.

I really need one of these two, please.

• Rodion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could be a Pro feature. To select number of stars for the task:
        – 3 stars (the highest priority)
        – 2 stars
        – 1 star

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add at least low, medium, high priorities! Is there a reason why you can't/won't do this that we are all not aware of?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - I love Wunderlist, but one of the things that makes it so great is that I, or the folks I have shared the list with, can add things on the fly from our phones as they pop up.

But in doing, I need to slot them into an order. Colored stars makes a lot of sense, but also an actual order would be great - organizing my to-do list in order is one of the things that makes my day the most efficient.

• Lane Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this could be addressed by adding colored stars. When marking a task as starred, provide a choice of star color (e.g. red, yellow, green). Then allow sorting by star color. Red stars first, then yellow then green.

• Dirk Velten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am switching to another To-Do app because you have failed to make this obvious change in spite of nearly 10,000 requests from us users over the course of SIX YEARS! (And that is only those who bothered to comment on just one version of the request—the 5th most popular request out of hundreds!)

How you could be so profoundly unresponsive leaves me bewildered! Flummoxed! Perplexed! Not to mention disappointed! Exasperated! Irked! Displeased!

It also means that when the inevitable question “Say, what To-Do app do you use?” comes up in casual conversation, as it often does, I will now steer folks away from Wunderlist rather than toward it as I so often have. And THAT... leaves me saddened.

So, farewell. It’s been nice. (We’ll always have Paris.)

• Tineke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also fixable with color coding... So if they just added the options to add colors to the taskbars, you could make your own priority colors. Please just listen to the users Wunderlist, you're losing people who choose other apps just to have this function

• Archer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like the Wunderlist approach to this problem is to use #hashtags as priorities. So, instead of putting 1, 2, etc... put a #1, #2, and collect that way.

• gbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First comment start at 2011. We are now in 2017..
        I'm switching to todoist, sorry.

• Jake Easterwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does Wunderlist refuse to address the wishes of those that want different "Priority Levels"? I do see that there are a lot of comments from people that disagree and who only see the need for one level (yes or no priority). But that is a simple matter of "If that is the way you want it just simply ignore "multiple priorities". Those of us who want that kind of feature should be allowed to have the choice and not be forced into the cubbyhole of only "Yes/No" type "priority levels" for a given item.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've used multiple priority levels before and I end up forgetting about those tasks or never looking at them again.

I prefer the Wunderlist approach. I periodically scan all my lists (once a week) and try to figure out if I missed something important. If it is time-sensitive, I use a date. If it's just important, a star.

Another easy way to do this is to create a list called "low-priority" or something similar. Drag the tasks which are low-priority into the list. Ta da!

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Presumably the developers have a definite reason they don't like normal priority systems or it would have been there from the start.
        How about making it an optional feature so you can add it via settings. This would enable all those who passionately want it to add it in without really compromising "the reason" it's not there.

• Tony Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having at least 3 priority levels and being able to sort and filter by priority is a must. This is why I'm using RTM instead of Wunderlist. I love the look and interface of Wunderlist, but functionality is most important. Please add this so I can use Wunderlist! (When sorting by Due Date, Priority should be second, and vice versa.) THANKS!!

• cmee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can just use hashtags as a workaround (#low #medium #high) and then just filter by that.

• Olly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally support this request. This is the main reason I haven´t switched to wunderlist yet.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would vote for a list of custom priority levels.

For example, I use three basic lists 1) To-do List, 2) Projects List, and 3) Someday/Maybe List. I like to rank priority as Urgent - Important, Non Urgent - Important, Urgent - Not Important, Non Urgent - Not Important.

I am stealing concepts from many but this makes for a very simple yet elegant todo list. I've tried tags but its hard to type useful tags each time and makes creating lists cumbersome.

Thanks!

Ken.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base