What would make Wunderlist better?

Sync with MS Outlook

As a GTD user I use Tasks in Outlook to structure my current GTD activities. David Allen wrote an article / book about how to best do this.

Can we expect an outlook integration, preferably with tasks soon?

1,935 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Harm Marten Hulshof shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

81 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pls, add OneDrive Support, Outlook Support, Email Reminders for Wunderlist, Tasks for E-Mails by a Swipe Left or Right.
        It would be so much easier to work with.

• Paul Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a look at Tasklist for Outlook. www.tasklist.biz. It allows you to arrange your Outlook tasks into a tree view that shows you the due date, priority, category, delegates, etc., and allows you to link Word documents and other Outlook items such as emails, appointments, contacts and distribution lists with a particular task. You can drag and drop between the task list and Outlook.

This is the only problem stop me to use Wunderlist.I'm using Outlook Mail/People/Calendar/Tasks, and I don't want their have multi separately task data for me.

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its silly that tools like todoist support Outlook and an MSFT product does not.

• jens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you develope outlook for android, ios and so on... why dont you stick to the standards, wich were developed to fulfill all the requirements. a good groupware solution with WebDAV, CalDAV, CardDAV is the way to go instead of developing new standards. And it would serve any device. Sabre brings most things microsoft exchange has. i have not tested it, but busycal and busycontact for mac base on DAV Services, which can be accessed by a lot of devices. http://www.busymac.com/index.html
        or other groupware to base on. why is everybody talking about outlook? hardly anybody needs all functionsof exchange. most people might be helped with an internal owncloud solution, or if you want more sabre/dav, maybe with sogo or zarafa as an interface.

Microsoft Own Outlook and Onenote and WUnderlist.....You support Evernote and Sunrise calendar...you have had AGES as a MS company and still no real Outlook integration (aside from the useless ical integration that lists all tasks for the day as 'all day' events...i have 100, do you know what that does to my calendar as all day events lol... Please also integrate with Onenote...hurry up..Todoist is creaming you even though you are now Microsoft!!! If they can do it (ONE MAN developer made an app called 2day- HE CAN DO IT ON HIS OWN!!!!) why cant you lot!

This would be very good - to synce outlook tasks with a list in wunderlist would be good!

• yym0924 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync with Exchange!Adding support for Exchange would make this application a killer!It's so good!

I use the Outlook Plugin and I use the 'To do' pane in Outlook. I love that my Wunderlist tasks sync in but I'd like to be able to hide all the tasks from my 'Personal folder' in Wunderlist from syncing because I use Outlook for work only.

Option to sync subtasks into Outlook using plugin rather than the parent task only. The ideal would be to find a way to sync both task and subtasks but if given a choice, I'd prefer sub-tasks only. More info is better than less info in my opinion.

• Dima Diall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Useful, no doubt... I need to go back and reclaim some of my votes and apply them here :-)

Now as Wunderlist belongs to Microsoft, I really expect a deep integration into Outlook Tasks (Calendar) in the program and online versions.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a two part need.

(1) Recurring Tasks:
        That can recur on the day of the week or the day of the month. e.g. 2nd Thursday of every month. Or Tuesdays of every week.

(2) Sync then recurring tasks to my MS Outlook calendar at the office. (Right now, I create a recurring tasks in Sunrise which is linked to wonderlist. I can see the recurring event in sunrise but when it feeds from wunderlist to my outlook calendar, you only see the first iteration and the next 8 dates do not show up on the calendar at work.)

I need to be able to create Tasks in Wunderlist that recur and have that feed from wunderlist to Outlook so that everyone else at my company can view that calendar and know what is happening.

My current work around is to create recurring tasks in Wunderlist with no due date and then double entry into a google calendar that feeds outlook and sunrise correctly. Would love to dump the double entry system.

• Cameron Belt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now when you double click a task in outlook calendar it just says
        "From list <>
        wunderlist://tasks/#######"
        It would be great to see notes, and maybe those assigned to the task in this screen.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think this is mandatory for business use. the data running my company has to be stored nowhere but in my company.
        i would appreciate a "connector" which lets you define data sources for the lists - like i do with the google calendar app on my phone: personal data is in the cloud, business data on MS Exchange, and the App combines both in one view, so at work i can always take care not to make business appointments on my marriage day, and at home i can take care not to make drinking apppointments when there's important work next day. withiout switching the app.

I use the tool for outlook, would be really great if the tasks showed which folder they belonged to in outlook

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base