What would make Wunderlist better?

A notification that prompts you to fill in a daily to do list

Wunderlist is great at reminding me to do big or medium-sized projects eg renew home insurance, buy Christmas presents, call the plumber.

But it's a bit cumbersome for the microtasks that you need to do on a daily basis and maybe need to decide each morning. With a pen and paper, I can jot down the main things I need to do that day. For example, tomorrow I need to meet an estate agent, take a call from a client, update a report for a client, write another report, make several phone calls to other people, probably do some invoicing and various other things.

But I lack discipline. I often just dive into work or get distracted by an email and forget something. I'd like to be able to set a time each day, like 9.30am maybe, when Wunderlist will notify me that it's time to write down my daily to do list.

I can do that with a calendar app though - why not just set a reminder? The thing is that it's easy to just ignore regular notifications, if the process doesn't nudge me in the right direction.

I'd like to be able to click the notification, and be taken to a list which I can fill in with those tasks. When I get to the list, I'd like to be prompted to think about things I might need to do, themes or projects or clients or personal stuff, for example, that I regularly need to work on. So I see a button or line or heading for "Client X", with lines underneath for me to fill in.

Then, at the end of the day at a time I set, I'd get another notification prompting me to tick off those tasks that I've completed. The tasks that I haven't completed could be converted into standard Wunderlist tasks, or I can just leave them and forget about them.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brittany Irwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stand fully behind this request. This is a problem I’m having as well. I easily ignore the normal alerts and reminders, but if it’s a different type of reminder as the one described, then I’m more likely to open my phone and take the time to gauge my to do list at the start and end of each day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base