What would make Wunderlist better?

Always show task detail view

I love the new feature of subtasks, thanks! but it would be great to have the option to always view the subtasks if the user wants rather than having to click on the task itself as subtasks might get lost that way

2,749 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob Hicks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Freddo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many GUIs allow a user to "pin" a window to remain open. Please add something like that so we can **always** see the dates, subtasks, notes, and files. THANKS!

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just signed up for Wunderlist and within 5 minutes of using, I already want to SEE my subtasks! This should have been a feature from the start.

• Lmn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Include an expand and collapse button to show and hide the subtasks under the main task.

• Lucy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Expandable/collapsible. I like how they show up on the print view.

• Arjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This suggestion was made almost 5 years a go and is quite polular. Kind a makes me wonder why you ask for suggestions if nothing is done with them?
        Still i wopuld loe to see this request being fulfilled!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please please add this. My desktop screen is so wide and I used sub tasks, notes and dates so much

• Olaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a visibility option to allow the user to decide if subtasks are visible or not.

I am trying to get familiar with the Getting Things Done (GTD) approach. GTD recommends to separate more complex tasks with subtasks, called projects, from the smaller ones.

To keep track with the single subtasks it would be great t o see them also in the Smart Lists.

• Charlie & Petra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely my first feature request having three options, 1) only show detail view when task is selected (current setup), 2) always show detail view regardless if subtasks exist or not, and 3) automatically show detail view when subtasks exist and don't show if no subtasks exist.

Locking or pinning the subtasks / detail view is a definitely needed feature.
        Thanks

I'm sure glad a company with vast resources acquired wunderlist so they could quickly add popular features like this. ahem.

It's a shame Wunderlist is not listening........... but I just found mylifeorganized in this comment section. Thank you

• Jill Watase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if the main tasks gave an indication that there are sub-tasks associated with it. I have accidentally clicked complete to find that there were sub tasks that were not complete. It would be nice for it to say "Wash Car (3 sub)" to indicate there are 3 sub tasks associated with Wash Car. or something like that.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base