What would make Wunderlist better?

Allow more flexible recurring events

I am hoping future updates will include more flexible recurring events. For any to do list, there are many types of recurring events that are essential, but not included in this new Wunderlist. For example:
- 3rd Monday of the month
- Last Thursday of the month
- Last business day of the month
- The 15th of the month, or, if it falls on a weekend, the Friday previous, or the Monday after.
- Every 5th of January, April, July & October

7,410 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

kapamalo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

511 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AMLWalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! This is so needed. I'm quite shocked it doesn't have more votes already to be honest. I have a number of recurring calendar events that I have to keep using because (for example) I need to invoice on the first Friday of the month, but this option isn't available through Wunderlist. If invoicing is delayed for some reason (it happens often for one client who I do her invoicing), I hate having to go into my calendar app and reset the event (selecting not to move the series)... PLEASE add this feature!

• eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+27780251684====++===///>>abortion pills for sale in kempton park

ww.drnellyabortionclini

• eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

0780251684 ////::''::\\\--abortion pills for sale in kempton park

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft have killed this app. Nobody is looking anymore. Just take a look at the 'hot' suggestions, full of spam. That explains why nothing has been done. Sad :(

• C. Coates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the behavior I find most counter-intuitive. Randy's phrasing of "AND--re-set a recurring event date based on completion, e.g. two weeks from completion." is exactly what I was trying to describe.

If I have a weekly or daily recurring task, and I'm late, it doesn't make sense to have to tap on complete over and over again to get it current.

For example, let's say you have a daily task like washing the dishes, but you fall a couple days behind. When you finally get them done, the task is finished. So having to mark the task complete over and over isn't intuitive.

Great app, and it seems like a small thing, but this behavior is why I went back to Todoist, even though there's a lot to like about Wunderlist.

• Dan R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the option to reset the recurring task by the date completed (vs. the date due).

• Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried out WeDo. This can be done over there, worth the switch. Got WeDo Pro free too just for importing Wunderlist. WeDo.com/import

• John Derryberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a list of specific tasks which I can pull up which already has all of the subtasks filed in. I repeat the same task ofter just changing whom the client or job is:

PRINT SMITH PHOTO: 1. Process image, 2. Retouch Photo, 3. Matt Photo 4. Sign Photo

PRINT JONES PHOTO: 1. Process image, 2. Retouch Photo, 3. Matt Photo 4. Sign Photo

• Anita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love if it was an selected weekdays option. Like reoccur on manday, wednesday and saturday.. Without making 3 different tasks..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what has kept me from using this app. I would love to push it to all my staff, but without this I can't. Why is this a 4 year old request...and the number 1 request and it be completed? Why ask users what they want if you aren't going to respond to it?

• Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 years since this request was made; you'd think a competitor like Todoist would put this in their free version just to snatch a large customer base from Wunderlist. I would switch for this reason alone.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base