What would make Wunderlist better?

Completition status of the task e.g. started, In progress

Set a status of a task in detailed view to started, in progress, nearly completed etc.
I wouldn't suggest setting %completed eg 25%. Too subjective.

S. Zeigarnik Effect - if you start a task, and not finish it, this may cause cognitive dissonance until you complete the task. Starting a task and setting the status "in progress" should contribute to setting things done.
http://www.psychwiki.com/wiki/Zeigarnik_Effect

2,932 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

75 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dule Sedej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very useful in case when task is waiting for somebody's response to go on…it could take days, weeks…when "put in progress" it isn't in a list with others "not started yet" tasks.

• Rhadzony Storch Júnior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For each individual there are diferents steps tasks, like: "Not Started", "In Progress" and "Done"..... Or in the case of a designer.... "Not Started", "In Creation", "Aproval", "Changes", "In Production" and finally "Done".

So what if there were a customizable set of steps for the tasks? I Think it would be cool!!

• Vlad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In fact, wunderlist tasks already have statuses "not started" and "done'. So adding the status "in progress" would help. It could be implemented by adding third state of checkbox like - empty checkbox means "not started", blue checkbox means "in progress", checked checkbox means "done". So to complete the task you should click status checkbox twice. If one more sorting option is be added (by statuses) it will be nice solution...

• Michel Kangro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No priority, since it can easy be done by features already included. You want 25%, 50%, 75% and done? Add the subtasks: "25%", "50%", "75%" and "Done!".

Check them whenever you'd mark a project that percentage done and you get a nice little bar indicating how much you have already done.

Or, go all the way, and make those subtasks more meaningful and get a even better "partially done" assessment that is readable at once.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please also add "Not Completed" status or sth along the line, for tasks that had to be done but were not? We have ticks for completed tasks, maybe an x for tasks that we could not complete? That would be great!

• Mohammed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this to be productive! Also, progress bar of a task with subtasks is not clear on desktop and non existent on mobile! Sort it out

• Mark Beattie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds more like functionality that overlaps with project management systems, but it would be good to be able have more completed statuses than just "done", at least "cancelled" for example.

• Sander Schaeffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this. A simple tasks, such as "Find supplier of X" can be split into "Searching", "Requested offers" and "Awaiting choice of supervisor". If you've done 1 and 2, you have in fact done the task, but can't check it off as you need someone else's input.

In that case this task would mess up the other tasks which do require your attention.

For now you could use pre-pend tags, such as #1-Open, #2-InProgress, #3-NeedsReview and sort alphabetically. This way all things that are done by you, but not completed yet could be at the bottom and those that require attention are at the top.

3 votes! If I could give 10, I'd do.

• NobleUplift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wunderlist should have the following completion statuses:

- New
        - In Progress
        - Needs Review
        - Request for Comments
        - Completed on <date completed/cancelled, allow user to change>
        - Cancelled on <date completed/cancelled, allow user to change>

• Jared Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get distracted easily! It would also be nice to have a title in the menu bar to show what the most recent task marked as in progress is to help me stay on task.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base