Completition status of the task e.g. started, In progress
Set a status of a task in detailed view to started, in progress, nearly completed etc.
I wouldn't suggest setting %completed eg 25%. Too subjective.
S. Zeigarnik Effect - if you start a task, and not finish it, this may cause cognitive dissonance until you complete the task. Starting a task and setting the status "in progress" should contribute to setting things done.
Robert Butler commented
Definitly need to be able to track current status of a task, please add.
Dule Sedej commented
Very useful in case when task is waiting for somebody's response to go on…it could take days, weeks…when "put in progress" it isn't in a list with others "not started yet" tasks.
nevermind i undid vote for flex schedules
yes but out o votez;(
Rhadzony Storch Júnior commented
For each individual there are diferents steps tasks, like: "Not Started", "In Progress" and "Done"..... Or in the case of a designer.... "Not Started", "In Creation", "Aproval", "Changes", "In Production" and finally "Done".
So what if there were a customizable set of steps for the tasks? I Think it would be cool!!
In fact, wunderlist tasks already have statuses "not started" and "done'. So adding the status "in progress" would help. It could be implemented by adding third state of checkbox like - empty checkbox means "not started", blue checkbox means "in progress", checked checkbox means "done". So to complete the task you should click status checkbox twice. If one more sorting option is be added (by statuses) it will be nice solution...
Michel Kangro commented
No priority, since it can easy be done by features already included. You want 25%, 50%, 75% and done? Add the subtasks: "25%", "50%", "75%" and "Done!".
Check them whenever you'd mark a project that percentage done and you get a nice little bar indicating how much you have already done.
Or, go all the way, and make those subtasks more meaningful and get a even better "partially done" assessment that is readable at once.
Seems unnecessary to me and would add clutter.
+1 on the "Not Completed" status
Could you please also add "Not Completed" status or sth along the line, for tasks that had to be done but were not? We have ticks for completed tasks, maybe an x for tasks that we could not complete? That would be great!
I want this function, it would give a great increase in productivity
It would be very nice... Here is my vote.
Really need this to be productive! Also, progress bar of a task with subtasks is not clear on desktop and non existent on mobile! Sort it out
Mark Beattie commented
This sounds more like functionality that overlaps with project management systems, but it would be good to be able have more completed statuses than just "done", at least "cancelled" for example.
Sander Schaeffer commented
I completely agree with this. A simple tasks, such as "Find supplier of X" can be split into "Searching", "Requested offers" and "Awaiting choice of supervisor". If you've done 1 and 2, you have in fact done the task, but can't check it off as you need someone else's input.
In that case this task would mess up the other tasks which do require your attention.
For now you could use pre-pend tags, such as #1-Open, #2-InProgress, #3-NeedsReview and sort alphabetically. This way all things that are done by you, but not completed yet could be at the bottom and those that require attention are at the top.
3 votes! If I could give 10, I'd do.
Wunderlist should have the following completion statuses:
- In Progress
- Needs Review
- Request for Comments
- Completed on <date completed/cancelled, allow user to change>
- Cancelled on <date completed/cancelled, allow user to change>
Jared Khan commented
I get distracted easily! It would also be nice to have a title in the menu bar to show what the most recent task marked as in progress is to help me stay on task.
I clicked feature to say is useless but then I realised i have a "Next actions" list that can just aswell be an "in progress" feature/indicator.
Would be nice to be a imple flag just like the "important" switch. And optionally see an automatic list of items "in progress".
This would be very useful. I recommend turning the task title background into a progress indicator that could be progressed in the following ways:
* If the task has subtasks, progress the indicator (filling up the background of the from left to right) according to the fraction of subtasks completed - i.e. if a task has 7 subtasks and I've completed 3 of them, the background of the task title should be coloured 3/7 of the way across. The number of tasks complete/total should also be displayed on the right-hand side of the task title bar.
* If the task doesn't have any subtasks, the user should be able to set a completion percentage by dragging a completion indicator across the task title background from left to right. Bonus points for displaying a real-time % figure as the user drags the indicator across the task title. This mode could be entered by clicking a button or double-clicking the task title (on web, would need a different mechanism on mobile clients).
* Optionally, allow the user to set colours for completion percentage, which would change the colour of the indicator based on the current % complete, whether set by fraction of subtasks completed or manually.