What would make Wunderlist better?

Integrate Wounderlist w/ JIRA Tasks

I would like to have a feature which could help me to sync tasks managed in Wounderlist and JIRA. I expect to use 'List' maps to a JIRA Feature and 'Tasks' maps to a JIRA sub-tasks.
With that, I could easier track my tasks on project along with others outside my work.

90 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Huang Jing-Bo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I also voted for this: Establishing a connection with commenting interface and status tracking would be great!

• Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just searching for this. I use Wunderlist for my daily tasks because it's so easy to enter, but being able to export them to Jira would be fabulous

I agree with this person:

Probably better to focus on the api and let the marketplace do this. This will overwhelm your team if you focus directly on JIRA because no sooner than you release a plugin people will want tweaks and new systems. If you focus on the api and plugin style architecture, the marketplace will react and do the work for you. That said, this is definitely needed so keep these kinds of integration in mind if you want to be at the center of people's worlds!

Just my 2 cents.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using mail to Wunderlist using Zaiper to accomplish this

RSS Feed -> eMail

• Martin Koidu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jira and Wunderlist integration is definitely needed. Jira is pretty heavyweight and developers do not like using it. Wunderlist would would behave as a perfect lightweight facade which is easy and quick to use :)

Probably better to focus on the api and let the marketplace do this. This will overwhelm your team if you focus directly on JIRA because no sooner than you release a plugin people will want tweaks and new systems. If you focus on the api and plugin style architecture, the marketplace will react and do the work for you. That said, this is definitely needed so keep these kinds of integration in mind if you want to be at the center of people's worlds!

Just my 2 cents.

• MHeilmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more. Exporting the Jira tasks into Wunderlist is a painful process. An integration would be awesome

• Geoffrey Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add this. Right now I'm spending more time manually entering the ticket information into Wunderlist than actually getting things done.

• Chris Oates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do something simple here (its not integration) to create tasks in wunderlist from Jira. And that is to use the wunderlist chrome extension.
    - Once installed go to the Jira issue
    - click the "Add to Wunderlist" button on the browser toobar
    - Add comments & select the list you want it to go to.

There is only one issue (I've raised a bug with wunderlist) and that is if you are using a jira intranet - It doesnt recognise the url as a hyperlink. Once thats fixed its gonna be pretty useful for me.

I'd just like to add that I think this is a wonderful idea and I would really like to see this. Maybe do the same with Redmine.

Feedback and Knowledge Base