What would make Wunderlist better?

Recurring Tasks Based on Completion!

Tasks need to have the option to repeat based on the completion date not only the assigned calendar due date. For example, oil change. It says it was due May 1st. I didn't get to it until May 23rd. So then the task would repeat at the given interval based on May 23rd, not the original due date. The lack of this is a deal breaker for me and I will continue to shop for an app that supports it.

2,033 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Janette shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is def needed. I only had to amend an update today because of this issue and this is likely to happen all the time. Very important update. Think this will be one of those things people didn’t know they wanted until they had it! Will make wusrlust much better 😊

• AMLWalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this isn't something I struggle to work around currently, I see the benefit and would like the option. I've never had an app that did this so I just manually adjust due-dates when I complete them if it's applicable (rare, but happens). Not having to remember to set a new reminder would be nice!

• Paul Ruseau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is version 3 and this isn't here still. Don't you all dog food your own product?? Stop making it prettier and make it functional.

• John Proust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single main reason I stopped using Wunderlist a while back. I have now settled on Any.Do, which does have recurring tasks based on completion, but doesn't have recurring tasks with set intervals...!! Argh! Why can't we have both?!

In case it might help others, a good to do app which has both these options is called "Tasks" (it's an Astrid clone), BUT it doesn't allow task sharing so I don't use it anymore for that reason...

• Kashif Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I'm looking for another to do list app.. Without this feature the reoccurring doesn't work for personal tasks in particular

If I go a few days without completing a daily task, I have to "complete" it a few times to catch it up. This also defeats the point of the completed task list. I can't look back and see how well I'm doing.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one and only feature which is killing Wunderlist for me. Almost every recurring task I have needs to recur from the date of completion.

• Leslie P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will stay with Toodledo, they can handle repeating tasks the way I need them. I'll keep checking back.

• Iulian Baciu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much need this. I made a list with daily habits I want to implement but often I can't complete them all so when I'll check in the near future the habit will appear for every other day it was not completed. It's so annoying.

Love it. Also think the recurrence could be set at an hourly interval not just day, week, month and year. Maybe a fixed time frame like 2 years 3 months and 27 minutes.

• Kiryll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is nice to have feature. E.g. I do small 20min-workouts during a week. So put such items in calendar is bad idea because they have no fixed time, and they are not event at all. But Wunderlist is a great place for them. I want to see some task e.g. every day in my list, but i don't want to create the same task every day.

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just so the developers know, I, too, am not going to use this service due to it not having proper "every" and "after" task repeat options.

I would note though, that it seems that most developers of to-do manager's don't "get" this simple requirement (RTM and other older tools notwithstanding [I just wish they didn't get tied to their old UI's]).

Moving on...

• R. Brian Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is a must have feature. Otherwise, I default to Outlook Tasks for ones such as these. If Wunderlist included this feature, I would create ALL my tasks in Wunderlist!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

as i noted in the other recurring item request -- a repeat-upon-completion DOES NOT REQUIRE a due date. If there is no due date, the recurring task "just shows up" in your task list after the recurrence time.

Example : clean coffee maker every 3 months upon completion.

If I complete it on April 2nd, then I do not see a "clean coffee maker" task in my lists (except in the "scheduled" section ... which is where not-yet-startable tasks go). On July 2nd there is suddenly a "clean coffee maker" task in my list.

• Geoff Maddock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chiming in here because I was looking for this feature. I have a number of daily tasks that end up getting ignored when I'm busy, and I have to click through them many times to 'catch up'

Would be nice if there was a way to make them just reoccur at the same interval after completion, OR if there was a global way to catch them all up to today for completion.

• Isabelle Yen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was one of Astrid's best features and I would really like to see it here as well. It would save me from having to do a lot of tweaking with my current recurring tasks.

• 10b0b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also be good for me! Tasks based on completion and advanced options to repeat a task only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, or the first Monday of the month, is about the only thing stopping me fully migrate from 2Do!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base