What would make Wunderlist better?

Recurring Tasks Based on Completion!

Tasks need to have the option to repeat based on the completion date not only the assigned calendar due date. For example, oil change. It says it was due May 1st. I didn't get to it until May 23rd. So then the task would repeat at the given interval based on May 23rd, not the original due date. The lack of this is a deal breaker for me and I will continue to shop for an app that supports it.

2,086 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Janette shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • 10b0b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also be good for me! Tasks based on completion and advanced options to repeat a task only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, or the first Monday of the month, is about the only thing stopping me fully migrate from 2Do!

• Akos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, this shouldn't be that hard to implement if the bricks were laid out the right way from the begining. I am a developer myself, so I know some simple stuff can become complicated.

Please, at least give us some feedback if we can expect this to be implemented in the near future! It has over 3k votes, for God's sakes...

I am moving over to toodledo as well due to this shortcoming, even though your UI is way, way, way, way better and cleaner.

• Rudolf Esterhuyse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Concur that this would be a great option for setting how a specific task recurs without any compromise to the simplicity of Wunderlist.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would not be helpful for me for all my tasks!

If you add this feature, please add it as a choice! I need the due date to be static. In other words, I want to reconcile bank statements on the 6th of each month. However, I may not complete the task in any given month until the 10th. I still want the following reminder to be on the 6th (the original due date).

• Nat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with Janette on this one. I want to meditate or write my journal on a daily basis, and it seems silly that I would have to reset the task every time I want to remind myself. Give us an option of making tasks recurring!

• Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crucial for me as well. I probably won't use Wunderlist for this reason. I have many tasks that need to be completed at a specified duration after the previous instance was completed. I don't think this is the only way it should work, but it is definitely needed as an option.

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been a long time user of Remember the Milk Pro and this recurring task feature based on time after completion is what's stopping me from coming over to Wunderlist. The RTM way of setting this is "repeat after 1 month" or "repeat after 1 year". I have a Recurring task list in RTM that tracks all sorts of home maintenance, inspection, and checklist items. Most are based on a repeat after completion.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched from Astrid which had this feature. I found it really useful for recurring tasks that are based on intervals rather than dates.

"Anyone have any luck finding an app that has this feature? Wunderlist does everything else, and I'm hopeful they'll incorporate the "repeat from completion date" but until then, the search continues."
    Toodledo has this, so one or two of my tasks sit there :o/

• Dawn Rutherford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This would make such a difference for me, especially for things I'm trying to do daily, but don't always do, such as dishes. When I click completed on dishes, I want it to show up with a due date for tomorrow, not three days ago ;)

• GueritaRN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would NOT like this... it is helpful only in some situations. I have weekly tasks that are always due on Tuesday. However, I may get behind and do one on Saturday. I need the next one to still be due on Tuesday.

I need the ability to schedule recurring taks in the following manner:
    1st Monday of Every Month
    1st and 3rd Tuesday of Every Month
    1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesday of Every Month
    5th Thursday of Every Month

• Steven Grenier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I for one don't use recurring tasks this way. There are things that need to be done on specific dates and if I only manage to complete it later, I still want the next occurrence to be as originally planned. Nonetheless I understand how such a feature can be important to some. It might eventually be useful for me as well. Hence, I suggest that if this feature is implemented that is leaves the option to have the recurring method of our choice.

• Carrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with Janette. We currently make do with Wunderlist, but only until I find an app that has this feature. If Wunderlist was to incorporate this, I would not hesitate to go pro. Please seriously consider this feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base