What would make Wunderlist better?

Recurring Tasks Based on Completion!

Tasks need to have the option to repeat based on the completion date not only the assigned calendar due date. For example, oil change. It says it was due May 1st. I didn't get to it until May 23rd. So then the task would repeat at the given interval based on May 23rd, not the original due date. The lack of this is a deal breaker for me and I will continue to shop for an app that supports it.

2,086 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Janette shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Wunderlist and would prefer to keep using it but... I recently tried OmniFocus 2, it has this feature, and wow, it is nice!!! Something so simple makes a huge difference. The only "bad" thing is that OF2 costs $20.

Unfortunately Wunderlist will get filed away in a folder to sit until it gains this functionality.

• Srinath Beldona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some calendar tasks have to be completed everyday and have no due date and must be repetitive. This feature is available in most email calendar tools.

• Hugh Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to say, I was a Wunderlist user before and moved to Astrid for this functionality, since then Wunderlist have come a long way... so I'm back here... but this one little thing is causing me to look around. I know, I know, I'm getting all this for free so stop whining, but there will certainly be no sign of me going premium to a service that is incomplete for me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone have any luck finding an app that has this feature? Wunderlist does everything else, and I'm hopeful they'll incorporate the "repeat from completion date" but until then, the search continues.

• Julie Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature for me at work so I can remember the daily opening routine...newspapers, turning computers on, etc. I use wunderlist at home for my regular to do list but it would be great to have recurring tasks that could be repeated daily rather than having to re enter them at the end of the day for the next day.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree totally, there are some tasks that need to be repeated after a certain amount of time from last completion (water plants, get hair cut, etc). This would be an excellent feature.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's already a highly-ranked Feature Request called "Allow more flexible recurring events" where many have been asking for this feature. You may want to cast your votes there, since it already has over 2,000 votes and is under review.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's already a highly-ranked request called "Allow more flexible recurring events" that you may prefer to throw you votes and comments into. Many there are already asking for a "Recurring X days/weeks/months <from completion>" option. That Feature Request is already under review.

• aberson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Important issue for me as well - I put my votes on the other topic suggested by Tobias which has 567 votes

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to incorporate wunderlist with my diet, so having a repeat daily function would help remind me what eat and when :)

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I have to agree, this feature is really useful. This one of the features of Astrid I loved. Dam Melissa Mayer!! Now if Yahoo could just buy the Australian government and shut that down, it would be something useful!

• Brianne Happel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, I'm still searching for an android app w/ this feature! I use it for all my housekeeping... I'm super bummed to be loosing Astrid, and not finding a replacement w/ the option of completion repetition!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is a feature that I needed and used with Astrid, will be a deal breaker for me too.

• Packy Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm voting here because it has the most votes, even though I like the flexibility in the wording of https://wunderlist.uservoice.com/forums/136230-wunderlist-2-feature-requests/suggestions/3658160-repeat-tasks-from-due-date-or-completion-date

If this gets implemented, the user should be able to select which date it recurs based on: when it was due or when it was completed. Some tasks (like paying your taxes) come due at a particular time regardless of when you completed it last, some tasks (like getting your hair cut) shouldn't happen until at least a certain amount of time after you completed it last.

Feedback and Knowledge Base