What would make Wunderlist better?

Recurring Tasks Based on Completion!

Tasks need to have the option to repeat based on the completion date not only the assigned calendar due date. For example, oil change. It says it was due May 1st. I didn't get to it until May 23rd. So then the task would repeat at the given interval based on May 23rd, not the original due date. The lack of this is a deal breaker for me and I will continue to shop for an app that supports it.

2,086 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Janette shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ricardo Santiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request appears under different forms several times. Its votes are spread thin and should be grouped to receive the appropriate attention!

• Xiang Ji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm badly in need of this feature and this shouldn't be hard to implement at all. Wunderlist currently seems to default to "repeat from completion date" but some tasks(like reading a book one chapter a day) shall be counted from due date. If I haven't read the book for two days then I have two chapters left, not one.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have rember the oil app for all car reminders. They really need their own app in my opinion and remember the oil is a great app for maintenance type reminders. It uses time and mileage for reminders.

• Tim Curran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nobu: Toodledo supports this feature; that's what I've moved to, since this suggestion has not rated a very high priority and thus seems unlikely to be implemented any time soon. It doesn't have its own Android app, but 3rd party Android support is very strong. I'm trying out MyToodle, which seems good at first glance.

Toodledo supports this feature; that's what I've moved to, since this suggestion has not rated a very high priority and thus seems unlikely to be implemented any time soon.

Sadly, I will be walking away from Wunderlist shortly if this feature is not implemented. As Bethany put it, it's a showstopper for me.

• Nobu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also an Astrid user looking for a replacement. Anybody found an android task manager with this feature?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this function badly. I have actually created a separate tool to track my home maintenance items. As I complete a maintenance task in wunderlist I also manually complete it in my tool (which has the repeating rules). When the task needs to be repeated, my tool sends an email to wunderlist to generate the task again.

• Landon Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any to-do app without this feature is not serious about task management. Astrid was the only free app that had this feature and now that Yahoo is shutting them down it would be much appreciated if Wunderlist added the feature to their app since they are the closest free alternative to a full featured task manager.

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an Astrid refugee, where I have many tasks set on a repeat from completion basis. Like Janette, Wunderlist is not going to work for me without it.

• Maciej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 this. A must for anything we're likely to procrastinate, like the chores list..

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base