What would make Wunderlist better?

Consider PRO Pricing for a One User at a cheaper rate

Consider PRO Pricing or at least adding attachments and unlimited subtasks at a cheaper price for individuals (only one user). For an individual your PRO pricing is way too expensive. Todoist which has a lot of similar features as Wunderlist and some neat additional ones is only $29.99 a year for the PRO version.

619 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Bob Brunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Pressure to turn a profit is great, I'm sure, but $60 a year for a reminder/checklist app is way out of line. I'd pay $20 a year up front, but that would be my absolute limit.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree. I was about to drop ToDoist Pro for WUnderlist Pro, but your price is too high.

• Bethanny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am seeing so many apps wanting a monthly or annual fee now. If I were to sign up (as one person who is not using the app professionally) for this app and all the others that want a pice of my wallet, I'd have huge payments going out, just on apps. I think the app industry is pricing themselves out of the market... Getting greedy. When my app fees are more than my cell phone costs, something has gone awry! I simply won't pay a monthly fee unless I were using it to make an income. Then and only then, Might it be worth it. I'd go broke otherwise.

I'd be willing to pay a one time fee for a single user version.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When compared to the value you get in an office 365 subscription, this does seem a bit steep. Perhaps now that WL is part of ME maybe WL will be bundled with office 365 ;-) That would be great value.

Cheaper!!! Way to expensive for a single user at home. The only reason I want pro is for sub-categories. Bummer that I can't have access to this feature. Not worth the money you are asking. I love wunderlist, but I'm shopping for other options.

• Bruno Casagrande commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing I want is to change my background hand have no subtask limitation.
    Especially the background.
    Five dollars a month?
    In my country, five dollars is the price I pay for my Xbox Music Pass. Let's compare.

• Z Kent Yousif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally stopped using WL when they began to charge 5 a month! I mean, come on. Maybe 1 a month... Then we'll talk! But Samsung gave me a pro account for a year, so I'll be using it. But believe me, WL is completely replaceable with lots of other options out there. I don't mind paying, but I'm not paying that much :P...

Way too expensive for a single home user. I worry you will compel me to switch (like some of the other to do apps have by changing the basic list of functions) to pro so I am hesitant to adopt it and populate it with all my personal projects only to need to find another product.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree! Other task managers cost $ 20-30 a year. Your subscription is far too expensive!

I think that you will achieve a lot more paying customers if you reduce the price so that altogether you will get a lot more money than with the more expensive price.

Perhaps you can reduce the price and the features in the free version at once. Todoist for example offers reminders and file attachments only for paying customers. Because these features are important and the Pro plan is not too expensive, users subscribe to the paid account. Wunderlist for free already offers a lot of features and the Pro plan does not offer a additional benefit that is 45 € worth.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree! Other task managers cost $ 20-30 a year. Your subscription is far too expensive!

I think that you will achieve a lot more paying customers if you reduce the price so that altogether you will get a lot more money than with the more expensive price.

Perhaps you can reduce the price and the features in the free version at once. Todoist for example offers reminders and file attachments only for paying customers. Because these features are important and the Pro plan is not too expensive, users subscribe to the paid account. Wunderlist for free already offers a lot of features and the Pro plan does not offer a additional benefit that is 45 € worth.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to start to use this papas it looked suitable. I need to sync 4 employees lists together with my own. That would cost $250 a year! Wunderlist prices itself way way way out of the market.

• Giorgio Chiodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They obviously lost their mind. You can't go from free to luxury like that.
    If we want to use wunderlist with my family (files and comments) we need to spend 49.9 x 6 we need to spend 300 dollars a year. WTF. And don't get me started on the ONE comment a day for free users. You're just being ridicolous.

• Sam Halliday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd happily give $10/year just for the existing functionality plus some a slightly increased limit on ability to assign tasks. I am not a heavy user, but when I do want to assign tasks (maybe one or twice a year) it tends to be all at once. I wouldn't use wunderlist for work project planning.

• Beach Tech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW-The Business Plan Calculator is a joke. I thought, like most companies, WL would give a bulk company discount. Nope. The calculator just multiplies the number of employees by the normal per user fee. No discount.

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My husband and I were just talking about this. All the task manager apps we've been reviewing are half or less than half the price of Winderlist. We like the ability to comment, but don't feel it's worth $100 every year (what it would cost for the two of us).

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base