What would make Wunderlist better?

Sub-tasks improvements!!!

- Show sub-tasks inline (tabbed just underneath the main task) instead of inside right panel
- Make it possible to star sub-tasks
- Disable checking off main tasks until all sub-tasks has been completed (it's easy to team members to not see/know there's are sub-tasks)
- Show a Completed sub-tasks list inside the right panel
- Able to assign sub-tasks
- Notification for sub-tasks

2,071 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, To-Dos with Sub-tasks need an indicator icon so I don't have to remember which tasks have specific sub-tasks before completing them.

• Nelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also...on completion of all subtasks the main task is marked complete automatically.

Agreed! - If they can also be minimized once clicking them as done so it's not needing to be seen, that would be good also.

• Erica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it would be MUCH easier to not eve have the right-side bar, but to see subtasks, deadlines, comments, etc. immediately under the main task itself.

Want to see starred subtasks.

Agree we should have a feature to not allow checking off a main task unless all subtasks are done.

Want ability to assign subtasks.

Want deadlines/notifications for subtasks.

ALSO want to view/not view the checked off subtasks, just like view/not view main tasks.

• Theo Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Also how about adding sub tasks to the top of the list rather than the bottom where they get buried under completed tasks
        - Ability to toggle visibility of completed sub-tasks

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like these planned improvements, it would also be nice to have an option to print completed subtasks or not, much like you can disable or enable printing of completed tasks. I use one of my lists as a grocery list, and each "task" is a section of the grocery store. (i.e. Grocery 14A - International Foods) and a subtask might be (Soy Sauce). Once I get this item, I like that I can keep it on the list "checked-off" so that I can just uncheck it later. But when I print the whole list, I don't want to see the checked off "subtasks".

• Ponnuchamy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even after using wunderlist for a long time, i am frequently searching/trying other productivity tools looking for these features. Please add these features soon.

To make it easier for your programmers, add an internal property called "Parent" to each task, when a task is dragged onto another task it's patent property gets set, and it become a child. Displayed with an indent. With a small icon (+/-) near the parent task to collapse those sub tasks. So the sub tasks are also powerful as parent task with all the properties.

One major advantage of having sub task is that, we can make the parent task as a project and few sub tasks as Action items - to implement GTD.

Most of the tasks in hand has sub tasks that needs separate reminder, date, discussions etc..

I totally agree with this! I need an option to show sub-tasks in the main list please and notifications for sub-tasks as well.

Will upgrade to Pro if this was an option :-)

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sub tasks underneath are ok, but we should be able to show/hide it to keep the UI clean. I especially love Wunderlist for its clean Interface.

• Henk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes especially assigning subtasks so you don't have to add a project to the list. Now Wunderlist is not complete yet without sub-tasks management! I'm considering leaving

• Dirk Watkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show sub-tasks in the main task list. Option to say if all the subtasks are complete, complete the main task.

• Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm mainly looking for something that SHOWS there are subtasks and a feature where it doesn't let you complete the task until the subtasks are completed

• Vitaliy Kotyakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wunderlist developers, please consider this idea. It's very very important to so many people who are your customers and potential customers!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base