What would make Wunderlist better?

Assign a start date to a To-Do

I would love to be able to assign a date on which I should start the to-do. This would help me plan and be able to tasks done ahead of time before they are critically due. Say I have a task due Tuesday. I would like to say that I want to start on it on Sunday so that I can finish it early, but still know how long i have to work on it before the final deadline.

1,940 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Grossnickle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

136 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus one for start dates on tasks. So easy then to set up a filter to only see current tasks to be focused on, but then know that the future task is sitting there waiting for you to see it when the time is right.

• DeWayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS, I have no interest in any of the applications I mentioned other than as a satisfied long term user. Toodledo has both free and paid subscriptions and you will almost certainly need to pay something but in my opinion it is worth paying for a product that does so much. Same is true for the apps but again only you can judge their worth.

I saved my recommendation for a second post in case it gets deleted. I recommend using toodledo as a cloud repository with Ultimate ToDo List on android and Task Angel on WIndows. There are many others but those both sync seamlessly with Toodledo. There are many other apps that also sync with Toodledo, You won't be disappointed.

I hate to say it but I think this illustrates Microsoft's biggest challenge. I long ago gave up on Wunderlist after m;y comment on this topic in May of 2016. I also loved my Nokia Windows phone until the opportunity was lost due to Microsoft's inept marketing through the carriers. There are a number of products on android, IOS, WIndows, Cloud, Mac even Linux that support the Start Date which among other things makes it possible to used Michael Linenbergers amazing methodology. My recommendation, move on to a mature product that undergoes continuous improvement and listens to its users/customers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be a life saver, right now we use due date as the start date, which gets annoying to figure out when something is actually due.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!! Really need this feature to be able to manage time effectively. Set a start date then forget about it until that date arrives when it appears again as a reminder along with the due date.

• Benjamin Hab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and tasks, that have not reached their start date are moved down to the bottom and greyed out. I could totally make use of this.

• DM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agreed on this. Many critical tasks need a long time to do, and often I just need to know when I should start them, not just they are due

Agreed this is a vital feature!! Any comment from Wunderlist on if this will be implemented?

• Joyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an option to show the start date and the completion date, maybe in other than the free version? I am trying out Wunderlist as an alternative to our work log, but want to quantify the projects assigned and/or completed in time periods (monthly, quarterly, annually)..

• Boris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this. Trying to move from OmniFocus, but can't without this feature.

Wish there was a bounty program, would happily chip in to get this added.

This is how so many todo apps get made.

• Arnold chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important. I think many task should have begin and end time. Time limit of a task really necessary . So I hope wanderlust has the feature

• Manuel Calero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Start date is important for me because I don't want to view a task in a date before it can be started.

• Maarten Machiels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly this. This would be fantastic and would allow Wunderlist to assist people in planning their tasks. Through the calendar feed, one would have a clear view of the available resources. The absence of this feature is pushing me to look into alternatives... Please add!

• Eitan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is a must have! it makes all the difference between an effective list and a non one!

this is still the one missing feature why i use Toodledo instead of Wunderlist. I have many tasks that i can't work on right now and would like to hide till a certain "start date" in the future. Please implement!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base